KW: resume cover letter examples, good resume examples, resume examples 2020
A resume is a description of a person’s abilities that make him competitive in the labor market. It should reflect the three main qualities required of an employee: education, productivity, and unlimited capabilities. You should take help from resume writing services as they are well-versed to create resumes for all industries and can help you achieve the job you dream of.
The purpose of the resume is to attract attention to yourself first. It is like a correspondence acquaintance, that should make a favorable impression, and encourage the employer to invite you to a personal meeting. Hence the main principle of writing a resume – to emphasize all the positive points and make invisible, as much as possible, what is not your strong point.
It should reflect the three main qualities required of an employee: education, productivity, and unlimited capabilities.
The good resume examples should be written:
- so that the potential employer perceives it as a source of your biographical data and information about your professional experience;
- that a resume would show whether you meet the requirements set by the employer for this job;
- that a resume would give additional information that will interest the employer and motivate them to invite you for an interview.
The resume, which the employer reads before the interview, allows you to quickly find out the main things about the candidate, formulate additional questions and not write down the necessary data about the candidate, which reduces the time and increases the interview’s efficiency.
All resume examples 2020 that we met the following requirements:
- The resume should be structured.
This will allow the employer to make sure that you have logical thinking and make your resume more comfortable and more convenient to read. Remember that a summary that is difficult to read is more likely to be delayed and forgotten.
- The resume should be short, so as not to tire with an abundance of information, and at the same time, fully reflect your work experience and skills. One or two pages are most preferred.
- The resume must be truthful.
Do not forget that the next stage is an interview, where the real state of affairs will quickly become apparent. You may forever lose the opportunity to work in this and many other companies.
- The resume must be correct, without mistakes.
Be sure to check for correct vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
- The resume should be neat, printed in the same type on sufficiently thick white paper. Perhaps it will be faxed, and imagine how it will look when it reaches the employer with a distorted image.
- It must be accompanied by a cover letter.
When you start writing your resume, think first of all about your goals and opportunities. What kind of job do you want to get? What are your professional competencies, skills, strengths, and advantages? How can you interest the employer?
Follow the principle of selectivity when writing your resume. Information for a resume should be selected based on its purpose. In other words, your resume should include a description of exactly those aspects of your experience that are relevant to the position you are applying for. A good resume can be the reason for an interview. It does not yet guarantee to get a job. Your goal is to get the reader to want to meet you in person.
A resume’s submission is often accompanied by a letter, especially if the resume is sent by mail.
The cover letter’s primary purpose is the employer’s interest in reading the resume and explaining why the candidate turns to this person, what benefits you can bring to the organization.
The best resume cover letter examples met the following requirements:
- accuracy and clarity of thought, short words, short phrases, short paragraphs
- maximum accessibility of the text for understanding, the use of simple terms that accurately and unambiguously express the essence
- brevity – conciseness, the absence of unnecessary words and empty phrases
- literacy – compliance with grammar and spelling, as well as the requirements of business etiquette
- correctness- businesslike and polite style of self-presentation, leaving a pleasant impression of a person
What is a resume?
Many candidates underestimate these career life sheets, and for good reason, because the employer, without seeing you, can assess by your skills whether you are suitable for a particular job. A resume is a real document, so it should be written neatly, pedantically, and also include a number of mandatory items. An experienced recruiter will determine a useful document in 2 minutes. How to write a resume so that you don’t end up on the list of outsiders, but win the competition for the grand prize – a face-to-face interview?